This information was provided by:
Mr Warran Wignadasan
1. Who is the training programme director?
Professor Fares Haddad
2. Please list all of the hospitals in your deanery.
Central Middlesex Hospital
Chelsea and Westminister
Great Ormond Street Hospital
North Middlesex Hospital
Northwick Park Hospital
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital,
The Royal London Hospital
University College Hospital
Whipps Cross Hospital
3. Where do trainees generally live?
“Most trainees live in Barnet or central London”.”
4. How easy is it to commute to different sites, and is there car parking available?
5. How are rotations are allocated?
“Rotations are allocated at the end of each year. Trainee's generally can give a preference."
6. Is there a trauma focussed ST3 year?
"There is a mix of trauma and elective work."
7. Does the deanery offer an ST3 bootcamp or equivalent induction?
8. Is there an arthroplasty focussed ST4 year?
9. Is there a post-exam dedicated teaching program (i.e. preparation for consultant)?
10. How often is deanery teaching?
11. Where is deanery teaching held?
One central location
12. Is there an annual meeting?
13. Are there associated registrar presentations and prizes?
14. Is there an established research infrastructure for trainees?
15. What is the affiliated medical school?
University College London
16. What was the overall FRCS pass rate in your deanery in the last 3 years (including both parts and all attempts)?
17. Can you name any FRCS Gold Medal Winners from your deanery?
18. Are there any other interesting or important facts to mention?
CLINICAL TRIALS UNIT
NIHR ACADEMIC CLINICAL FELLOWSHIP
REGULAR RESEARCH MEETINGS
Easy across Easy across Only appropriate Not easy
all sites most sites in some sites at all
Car parking availability