This information was provided by:
1. Who is the training programme director?
Professor Tim Briggs
2. Please list all of the hospitals in your deanery.
Basildon University Hospital
Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford
Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
King George Hospital, Ilford
Lister Hospital, Stevenage
New QEII Hospital, Welwyn Garden City
North Middlesex University Hospital
Northwick Park Hospital, Harrow
Queen's Hospital, Romford
Royal Free Hospital, London
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, London
Southend University Hospital
The Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow
The Royal London Hospital
Watford General Hospital
Whipps Cross University Hospital, London
3. Where do trainees generally live?
“Trainees generally live around North London, with popular areas including Enfield and Barnet.”
4. How easy is it to commute to different sites, and is there car parking available?
5. How are rotations are allocated?
“Rotations are allocated at the end of each year, roughly 2 months before the placement. Under performing trainees get preferential choice to help deficient logbooks. Senior trainees don’t always get their first choice."
6. Is there a trauma focussed ST3 year?
7. Does the deanery offer an ST3 bootcamp or equivalent induction?
8. Is there an arthroplasty focussed ST4 year?
9. Is there a post-exam dedicated teaching program (i.e. preparation for consultant)?
10. How often is deanery teaching?
11. Where is deanery teaching held?
One central location
12. Is there an annual meeting?
13. Are there associated registrar presentations and prizes?
14. Is there an established research infrastructure for trainees?
15. What is the affiliated medical school?
University College London
16. What was the overall FRCS pass rate in your deanery in the last 3 years (including both parts and all attempts)?
17. Can you name any FRCS Gold Medal Winners from your deanery?
18. Useful links:
CLINICAL TRIALS UNIT
NIHR ACADEMIC CLINICAL FELLOWSHIP
REGULAR RESEARCH MEETINGS
Easy across Easy across Only appropriate Not easy
all sites most sites in some sites at all
Car parking availability