This information was provided by:
1. Who is the training programme director?
Mr Brian Mockford
2. Please list all of the hospitals in your deanery.
Altnagelvin Hospital, Londonderry
Craigavon Area Hospital
Musgrave Park Hospital, Belfast
Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast
Ulster Hospital, Belfast
3. Where do trainees generally live?
“Most trainees tend to live in Belfast.”
4. How easy is it to commute to different sites, and is there car parking available?
5. How are rotations are allocated?
“Rotations are allocated every six months. Trainee's generally can give a preference."
6. Is there a trauma focussed ST3 year?
7. Does the deanery offer an ST3 bootcamp or equivalent induction?
8. Is there an arthroplasty focussed ST4 year?
9. Is there a post-exam dedicated teaching program (i.e. preparation for consultant)?
10. How often is deanery teaching?
"Weekly on Friday afternoons."
11. Where is deanery teaching held?
One central location
12. Is there an annual meeting?
13. Are there associated registrar presentations and prizes?
14. Is there an established research infrastructure for trainees?
15. What is the affiliated medical school?
Queen's University Belfast
16. What was the overall FRCS pass rate in your deanery in the last 3 years (including both parts and all attempts)?
17. Can you name any FRCS Gold Medal Winners from your deanery?
18. Are there any other interesting or important facts to mention?
"Overall excellent teaching and opportunity for high volume operative experience for trainees preparing for competent and confident consultant practice."
CLINICAL TRIALS UNIT
NIHR ACADEMIC CLINICAL FELLOWSHIP
REGULAR RESEARCH MEETINGS
Easy across Easy across Only appropriate Not easy
all sites most sites in some sites at all
Car parking availability