This information was provided by:
Ms Laura Clifton
1. Are there any Out of Programme opportunities available in or outside your region? Please describe any specific posts or experiences (including research).
"Yes, there are many and they are supported by our TPD. Trainees often go out of programme for research (MSc or PhD) or for Leadership and Management Fellow posts. These are either based within our region or elsewhere. There is a strong T&O research base in the North East with academics spread out between our Trusts and Departments. Trainees are actively encouraged to participate and there are ample opportunities. More information can be found here:"
https://madeinheene.hee.nhs.uk/Portals/0/HEE%20NE%20OOP%20Policy%202020_1.pdf And Supported Return to Training (SuppoRRT), for any trainee outside of clinical training for a period of 3 months or longer (OOPE/ OOPR included): https://madeinheene.hee.nhs.uk/education2/Supported-Return-to-Training
2. Are there currently any less than full time (LTFT) trainees in your region?
3. Is there an LTFT training rep?
4. Do any hospitals in the region have on-site childcare facilities? Please list any you are aware of.
"Yes, on-site childcare facilities are available across multiple hospitals in our region."
5. Is there any other important information to share for trainees considering LTFT?
“LTFT training is supported in the North East region across all specialities and there are a number of T&O trainees training LTFT. There is a regional LTFT trainees forum and local links in each speciality and hospital.
Further information can be found in these websites:
1. Less than Full Time Trainees Forum:
2. Supported Return to Training (SuppoRRT), for any trainee outside of clinical training for a period of longer than 3 months: